I am here to engage communities with artists, art and heritage, on all levels – local and international, virtual, and real. My background is working in the arts and heritage through learning, community engagement, curation, and public programming. Before I arrived at East Street I worked at The Piece Hall in Halifax.
From Huddersfield and having subsequently lived in Newcastle-upon-Tyne and Leeds, I’m a firm fan of the North, especially exploring the Yorkshire countryside – running, walking, or taking photographs. Travel – seeing new places, meeting new faces, and eating new food is a passion of mine – which hopefully we all get to do again one day!
- Passenger – Iggy Pop (music single)
- Lost in Translation – Sofia Coppola (film)
- Proud Mary – Tina Turner (music single)
- Little Miss Sunshine – Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris (film)
- World Clique – Deee-Lite (music album)
- God Bless the Child – Billie Holiday (music album)
- A Year of Living Danishly – Helen Russell (book)
- Normal People – Sally Rooney (book)
- The Windrush Betrayal – Amelia Gentleman (book)
- Pulp Fiction – Quentin Tarantino (film)