Eligibility criteria for Kickstart applicants: Aged 16-24 Claiming Universal Credit In receipt of no other earned income.
East Street Arts is an organisation that focuses on contemporary artists. Its aims are to offer space, opportunities, services and resources to artists and those working with artists, supporting the development of a strong visual arts infrastructure locally and nationally.
The ideal applicant will have experience in social media and content creation and be interested in this as a career. If you have previously had experience in social media/website management, photography or video production that would be a distinct advantage but not essential.
In addition, the successful candidate will strive to maintain our relationships with the creative and cultural organisations and individuals within our network, and assist in the continued development of our ideal of the ultimate visitor experience of Leeds.
Day to day activities will include:
- Taking an active part in communicating and co-operating with all colleagues.
- Working as part of a team.
- To follow guidelines, procedures and policies provided by the company in relation to financial management and personnel records.
- To work in accordance with the Equal Opportunities policy of East Street Arts.
- To be aware of, and comply with, rules and legislation relating to Health and Safety at work.
- Creating content for the East Street Arts and Art Hostel Websites including blog posts and news pieces in collaboration with East Street Arts Communicator
- Produce content for email communications/newsletters, support the Communicator in the creation of East Street Arts monthly newsletter
- Reactive, ‘in the minute’ social media
- Daily social media maintenance, wayfinding and answering questions, etc.
- Help grow followers and engagement across social media channels
- Create content and post frequently to feed and stories
- Saving and analysing media coverage
- Develop a content calendar using key dates in the companies calendar
- Excellent record-keeping and attention to detail.
- Computer literate. Strong written English skills
- A good communicator – comfortable meeting with and talking to people.
- Enthusiasm for The Arts.
- An interest in writing.
- Experience of Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms
- Photography and video editing skills
- Designing and editing graphics for social media
- Experience using Hootsuite to schedule social media posts
- Experience in editing website content
Hours: 25 per week
To apply: Talk to your Work Coach at JobCentre Plus about being referred to apply for this placement
Applications close: 30 June 2021