Eligibility criteria for Kickstart applicants: Aged 16-24 Claiming Universal Credit In receipt of no other earned income.
The Art Hostel is a social enterprise for East Street Arts, a charitable organisation that focuses on contemporary visual artists. The core aims of East Street Arts are to offer space, opportunities, support and resources to artists and those working with artists, supporting the development of a strong visual arts infrastructure locally, nationally and internationally.
The Art Hostel is a new and unique venture, located on the edge of Leeds city centre and is East Street Arts’ largest social enterprise to date. Trialled with a 3 year pop up hostel in a temporary space, it hosts in a completely different way, making accessible and affordable accommodation available to all, whilst welcoming audiences from all over the world to engage in a new cultural experience.
The successful candidate will assist the Art Hostel team with the day to day tasks involved in the smooth operation of the Art Hostel. This entails maintaining and exhibiting excellent customer service standards, and taking part in all housekeeping and administration duties to make certain they are completed to the desired specifications. You will ensure that our guests always receive the best possible experience.
In addition, the Hospitality Assistant will help to maintain our relationships with the creative and cultural organisations and individuals within our network, and assist in the continued development of our ideal of the ultimate visitor experience of Leeds.
The Art Hostel Hospitality Assistant will be involved in all aspects of Art Hostel life.
This includes customer care; cash handling; updating the booking system; responding to emails and other general administration; preparing and receiving laundry deliveries; working with and assisting our local volunteer team and our live-in volunteers, and helping to ensure that housekeeping and cleaning jobs are completed to the highest standards.
- You will be hardworking and reliable, with good timekeeping and interpersonal skills. Keen to meet new people and learn new skills, not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get involved, and available to work evenings and weekends when we are at our busiest.
- You will also work with the team to ensure the building is COVID-19 safe for visitors and staff, ensuring the highest health and safety standards are maintained.
- You will always be aware of and help to promote the good image of the Art Hostel.
- Ensuring all customer service needs are met
- Maintaining our high standards of housekeeping and cleanliness
- Responding to bookings, answering emails, general administration and some social media
- Assisting volunteers to complete their duties
- Taking cash and card payments, and cashing up
- Assisting with deliveries and laundry services
- Generally assisting with the smooth and successful daily operations of the Art Hostel
Essential skills, experience and qualifications
- A good communicator; comfortable meeting, welcoming and talking to people.
- Excellent work ethic, attention to detail and timekeeping.
- Courteous and pleasant attitude.
- Good telephone manner and IT skills.
- Experience in public-facing or customer service roles would be advantageous but full training will be given.
- Enthusiasm for The Arts.
Hours: 25 per week
To apply: Talk to your Work Coach at JobCentre Plus about being referred to apply for this placement
Applications close: 16 August 2021