We have continued to operate our Artists Support programme and we have delivered and continue to deliver a wide range of services:
- One to one bespoke support for guild organisations
- One to one support for wider guild artists including artists with disabilities and artists of colour
- An on-line resource (HERE) that is updated regularly
- Widely sharing any opportunities, information, advice to all our artists
- One to one support with any artist to help them with funding applications and business rates applications
- We have postponed all our public engagement activities except for our Adult Learning courses.
- All artist’s contracts have been honoured and we are optimistic about being able to deliver these projects at a later date.
- New opportunities during this period will be developed in order to support the artists we work with and develop our projects such as commissions for the Art Hostel.
- We are developing an on-line course for term three for Adult Learning and supporting the tutors to learn new skills.
- We are keeping the studios that we can open and are pleased to see some artists able to continue their studio practice and their careers (link to Tessa’s blog) The nature of some of our buildings means we can follow government guidelines and keep studios open.
- For the studios that don’t meet government guidelines and studios in buildings that have had to close we are supporting all artists on a case by case with advice and funds.
We are looking forward to seeing everyone again in person and building our activities once we are back and we hope you are all keeping safe.